The application processing times and customer service contacts regarding adult education benefits have peaked due to high demand. We are doing our best to handle the applications as efficiently as possible. Please take a look whether you'll find an answer to your question here. 

Go to content.

Online service

Select below either the service for unemployment insurance contributions or adult student benefits. Once in the service, you connection is secure. Using our online services is the quickest and safest to get things done.

The service for unemployment insurance contributions enables you to
  • communicate securely with the Fund
  • view the grounds and decisions concerning payments
  • view, with a one-day delay, pay details subject to unemployment insurance contribution reported to the Incomes Register
  • view calculated unemployment insurance contributions
  • update your contact and invoicing details
  • report or update your bank account number
  • view wage sums reported in 2013–2018 and see their processing status
  • correct wage sum reports for 2013–2018
  • apply for training compensation if you are entitled to such as an employer

Identification takes place through using your personal bank IDs, mobile ID or certificate card.

Katso identification will no longer be used.

Report any paid wages and salaries to the Incomes Register from 1 January 2019 onwards.

As of 2019, the Employment Fund will receive information concerning unemployment insurance contributions from the Incomes Register. Earnings payment reports must be submitted to the Incomes Register as a rule within five days of the earnings having been paid. For up-to-date information about the Incomes Register and instructions of how to report earnings, go to the Incomes Register website.

Go to our adult student benefits service to apply for
  • full adult education allowance
  • adjusted adult education allowance
  • entrepreneur's adult education allowance
  • advance ruling on adult education allowance
  • scholarships for qualified employees
  • more adult education allowance with an extension application

You will also see whether your application is pending processing or whether a decision has already been made. You can also view the attachments you included.

Identification takes place through using your personal bank IDs, mobile ID or certificate card.

Owing to database updates, the service is unavailable at night between 1 and 4.

Please note that

  • if you are applying for adult education allowance, you must know when you will be on study leave and the period for which you are applying the allowance
  • as an attachment to your first application, you will need the educational institution's certificate of registration or attendance (a copy of being accepted for the training is sufficient if you have not yet started)
  • the application contains a section to be filled in by your employer, so agree in advance to which email address you can send the section to be completed
  • adjusted allowance cannot be applied for until the allowance month has ended and you have received a pay certificate of all your earnings of that allowance month
  • as attachment to an application for a scholarship for a qualified employee, you will need a copy of your diploma
  • the safest way to submit the attachments is together with the application in the online service
Page updated: 9/8/2019